Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Postcards!

Well I suppose the actually came on Saturday but you all get the point! : -) A handful of cards made their way this weekend! I should get started as I have a number of letters to write back to and quite a few swaps about to come due.


The first card today comes from Jean-Michel in France showcases "The Chateaux de Samur" which over looks the  Loire Valley. One of Loire's most famous castles, tourists flock to this site every year. The castle served as the royal domain for Phillip ll during the 13th century. In 1621 the castle served as an army barracks and nearly 200 years later was used as a state prison under Napolean. As of 1862 it has been listed as a historic monument by the French Ministry of Culture.


First up a view of Vlissingen from Bianca in Norway  and from Robin, visited Niagara Falls on her honey moon, sends us a card of Maid of the Mists
 Magi sends (brightly colored) wishes for a happy New Year from Germany
 Holiday wishes come from Jessica--I thought this card was kind of cool with the Snowman holding a 2011 sign-and Mierna sends us one of her many Easter cards from the Ukraine!
These are the stamps on Mierna's card! How cool are these!

That's my haul for the week! I'll be picking up on my out put of cards and letters so I should have even more goodies to show off! Now lets go get some mail together for Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment