Saturday, March 31, 2012

Postcards Part 2!

I know, I know I come back and then I manage to not come around for a couple days. The good news is that I managed to get a good handful of letters out in my short term absence! Okay, okay, I'll stop yammering on about me and get to the postcards. Here you are, my past due postcards--which doesn't include all the cool ones I got in today! :)


First up a fun, touristy map from Elizabeth showing off all of the fun things California has to offer. Just a little bit North of The Golden State, Renee in Olympia, WA sends a view of the damage caused by the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens. 

Caroline sends a different taste of California in the form of the beautiful and dangerous black bear--the largest mammal that lives in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Leslie in Northern Minnesota sends me a card showing off her state flower (Showy Ladyslipper) and bird (Common Loon); she also numbers her postcards as they come in....I don't think I would be able to keep track! 

 Angelique sends a wonderful night view of Amsterdam and from Birgit comes a view from St. Katherine of children in traditional Austrian dress. Thank you both for the wonderful cards! :)

From Maiko comes a card featuring two dancing girls from the elegant red light district in Kyoto, the former capital of Japan! Maiko was also kind enough to send me a few words in Japanese...whoo hooo for being able to say my name if I am ever in Japan :D

 Tina sends a cute little postcard showing off a few of the things Texas is famous for. I promise one day I am going to make it to The Alamo! Thanks, Tina!

 This card just made me laugh SO hard.Thank you, Michael for adding some humor to my mailbox :)

My first Elly Simmons art card made its way last week, this painting is entitled "Sister". Special thanks to Sarah, I hope you are enjoying your move to Ohio!

 A Paul Frank card  from the set "Love is the New Black" with no name :( If it's yours let me know so I can give you some credit!

 Concept Art by Buddy Luckey from Toy Story find its way to me through the wonderful hands of Jenn in Michigan! Seriously, who didn't like Woody the best? It's always fun when you get some of your childhood on a postcard :)

 Finally for today, Atiya sends a card from Dolphin Cay (The Atlantis, Bahamas) of a Bottlenose Dolphin! Did you know that the dolphins dorsal fin acts like a bout keel to keep the dolphin stable while he is out for a swim! :)


I'm almost caught up on my hiatus mail! I have my letters to show off ( I promise not to wait another 3 days to update this time) and I did get some mail in today that I still need to go through! I'm off to try and catch up on those letters as I totally missed the mail man today. Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment