Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cowboys, Coastlines, and Critters! Postcards Arrive!

Happy Happy Thursday Readers! We are getting views, followers and facebook page followers like crazy---and to say the least I have been slacking off. I have to do some serious updating and writing this weekend (and before that too, I promise!). A good handful of mail made it my way this week but I thought a good smattering of postcards would make everyone smile. Let's get to it!


First up tonight comes a Gene Autry post office issued card from Tarla! Autry was a huge name in radio before turning to Hollywood where he was in over 100 films and recorded 600 songs! 

 Eric in Belgium sends all of the finest treats from his home land! Fries, chocolate and beer--what more could one want?

 Also with a very cool stamp :)

 The lighthouse of Petit Minou makes its way from Charlotte in France, and comes with a joke! "There are 2 cowboys in the kitchen. Which one is the real cowboy? The one on the range!" hahahahh Thanks, Charlotte!

 Check out the great stamp featuring Jockey's by Edgar Degas that Charlotte shared


This postcard with a 1940s flair makes its way from Lily in California who found some time on her sick day to send me a card! I hope you're feeling better, Lily! 

 A beautiful aerial of Iowa comes from Tammy with a bit of advice! " If you want to be happy
Begin where you are, Don't wait for some rapture that's future afar,
Begin to be joyous, Begin to be glad and soon you will forget
that you were ever once sad"! Thank you Tammy!


Kerry sends a photo card of Hugh MacRae's Lumina Pavillion. Which was for years a Saturday night hot spot featuring dancing, beauty pageants, canoe races, swimming and a thousand other activities!


 Igor in Belarus sends a cute little critter to my mailbox this afternoon! The little racoon's picture was taken for this great card in the Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park !


That's all for me this evening. I have a few postcards to get out and you know I always have a stack of letter to write back too! I really need to get caught up! Happy Mailing Folks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment