Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday is a great day for Postcards!

Happy Happy Wednesday Readers! What better way to spend an afternoon than reading postcards and listen to music! I have a whole mess of cards to show you, I've gotten a pretty good handful photographed and logged so let's start with those shall we?


I recently hosted a swap for "Bridge" Postcards. A big thank you goes out to Fawn for sending me a vintage card with a suspension bridge (by far my favorite type of bridge...at least to look at)!

 Jennifer found this card entitled "Mission Control" at a postcard show and was kind enough to share it with me!


Rift in Oregon participates in a community garden and decided to share a bit of it with me! Growing wild in his plot is the Borage (AKA Star Flower) which keeps good companion to his tomatoes by keeping horn worms away! Thanks for sharing, Rift! Great photo :) 

 A vintage still life makes its way from swap friend Kayla!

 The ever lovely Marilyn Monroe makes her first appearance on the page. Thank you to Michelle--I've actually been hoping this card would make its way to me at some point!
(Photo by Sam Shaw)

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember you have with in you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and change the world" (Harriet Tubman). Thank you Susan for the great quote and an awesome shot of the Venice Pier!

Its not often that I get a card from The Reading Woman series. Thank you to Stephanie for this 1898 watercolor by Childe Hassam, which hangs in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston!


That's all for me today folks. I have a few more that I need to get pictures of for you and an equal number of postcards to get ready to go out. I've done a lot of swaps as of late so I think next week I will be focusing more on my letter writing. I have managed to get myself behind again....cest la vie.....Happy Mailing xoxo randi

No comments:

Post a Comment