Thursday, June 28, 2012

Round 2: The Photo Cards

Happy Happy Thursday Readers! I don't know about you all but it's hot in my neck of the woods; really hot--like, sweating everytime you walk out of your house to check the mail and cant touch your metal mailbox hot. I'm sure I will regret this in the Winter but so far, I'm over the Summer temperatures (yes, I am fully aware that this week is the first week it's been even close to this warm, not the point...). The good news? Weather doesn't stop our beloved Mail Carrier! Let's check 'em out!



Teresa in Nashville, sends a card that she picked up on a recent trip to Beiijing. 

 From Pagodas to Polar Bears, Kris sends a reminder that even though these playful cubs will grow up to be hundreds of pounds and adept hunters. Even if they are adorable in those Coke commercials around the holidays :)

This photo of a Lilly makes its way home from Ashley who has been using sites like swapbot and postcrossing to share mail, make friends and ignite her creative side!

 This card from Chrissy features a photograph by Evelyn J. Cameron of her friends and neighbors, The Williams Family  eating watermelon. The Williams' were one of the first familes to homestead in Montana (arriving in 1907).

 Now, I love a good vintage card as much as anyone, and I've been been known to express my love of the creepy, but I have to admit if I came across this little girl in the dark, I would jump right out of my skin! Thank you to Jeniifer in Sunny, Palm Beach Florida for sending me a very cool card and an even better quote.
"Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company" -Lord Byron


That's all for for me tonight folks! Oddly enough I am ready to put on my cozy pajama pants, fill out a few postcards and go straight to bed! On that note, I look forward to sharing a few more cards with you tomorrow afternoon! Happy Mailing :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment