Sunday, July 3, 2011

Buy a Stamp, Save a Tiger

The "Save Vanishing Species Semipostal" is now availiable for pre-order from the USPS.  The stamps, which will officially go on sale September 2011, are First Class stamps which will cost 0.55 cents as opposed to the 0.44 of the regular First Class issue. The extra 0.11 cents will go to various conservation funds to save vanishing wild species.

You can find more info on the post office site by going directly to the stamp issue here Vanishing Species.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this release. I rarely buy the semi-postals but I'm going to make an exception in this case. I will probably buy hundreds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Postmuse, I'm glad my little post caught your eye! I'm excited for them to come out as well, sounds like we are going to help save some critters! Thank you for your comment, I hope your mail box was happy today.

    PS I think I sent you a postcard on Walltype about 20 minutes ago. :)

    ReplyDelete